What's going to protect your beloved Raspberry Pi from an onslaught of rainbow-coloured fusion? That's right, it's Unicorn pHAT.
Sporting a matrix of 32 (8 x 4) RGB LEDs and powered directly from the Pi, this is the most compact pocket aurora available.
Unicorn pHAT provides a wash of controllable colour that is ideal for mood-lighting, pixel art, persistence of vision effects, status indications, or just blasting colour into your surroundings.Warning
- : SK6218 LEDs are bright enough to cause eye pain, do not look at them directly when brightly lit. Pimoroni recommend using Unicorn pHAT at lower brightness levels.
- Photo-sensitivity warning: flashing, strobing, and patterns of lights may cause epileptic seizures. Always take care and immediately stop using if you feel unwell (dizziness, nausea, affected vision, eye twitching, disorientation).
- Power: Unicorn pHAT works best with a >2A microUSB power supply for your Pi. Pimoroni recommend the official Raspberry Pi power supply.
- Compatibility (audio): as Unicorn pHAT uses PWM and GPIO18, it will interfere with analogue audio playback (random colour patterns and flickering). HDMI should work just fine! :D
- 32 RGB LEDs (SK6218 - 3.5mm x 3.5mm)
- LED data driven via DMA over PWM
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Python library
- Female header requires soldering