Use this 3D interface to sense things floating in the air over it. Detect swipes and the motion of your hand with X, Y and Z positions.
Skywriter HAT uses electrical near-field 3D sensing to generate positional data and detect common gestures like flicks and taps.
Use it to control your presentations like a Jedi, make a theremin to amaze and annoy all, or make a lock controlled by a magic spell!
Because the sensing distance is up to 5cm you can mount Skywriter HAT behind a sheet of non-conductive material (like acrylic or fabric) and completely hide it inside your project!
- Electrical near-field 3D/gesture sensing
- 4-layer PCB for best sensing performance
- Range of up to 5cm
- Full 3D position data and gesture information (flicks, taps)
- Uses the Microchip MGC3130 sensor
- Skywriter HAT pinout
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Python library
- Comes fully assembled