Raspberry Pi Proto Plate (ID: 801)
This is an add on prototyping board for the Raspberry Pi which can snap onto the Pi PCB (and is removable later if you wish) and gives you all sorts of prototyping goodness to make building on top of the Pi super easy.
Note: This kit is best used for the Raspberry Pi Model A or Model B. You can use it with the A+, B+ or Pi 2 and 3 but only the 'top 26 pins' will be broken out for use
- Large prototyping area, half 'breadboard' style and half of which is 'perfboard' style so you can wire up DIP chips and sensors
- All the GPIO/I2C/SPI and power pins are broken out to 0.1" strips
- All of the breakout pins are also connected to labelled 3.5mm screw-terminal blocks.
- 4-block terminal block broken out to 0.1" pads for general non-GPIO wiring.
- SOIC surface mount chip breakout area
This kit comes as a set of parts, a little soldering is required to put it together but its really easy, even a beginner can do it in 15-20 minutes or so.