nRF52840 MDK USB Dongle with Case
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
The nRF52840 MDK USB Dongle is a small and low-cost development platform enabled by the nRF52840 multiprotocol SoC in a convenient USB dongle form factor.
The USB Dongle is fully multiprotocol capable with full protocol concurrency. It has protocol support for Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh, Thread, Zigbee, IEEE 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4 GHz proprietary stacks. Alternatively, the USB Dongle can act as a Network Co-Processor(NCP) with a simple connection to a PC or other USB enabled device.
- Low-cost USB dongle supporting Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh, Thread, Zigbee, IEEE 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4 GHz proprietary stacks
- Shipped with USB enabled bootloader and OpenThread NCP firmware
- Programming via nRF Connect for Desktop or nRFUtil
- OpenThread Border Router supported
- Thread Network Sniffer with Wireshark
- Thread Topology Monitor
- Nordic nRF52840 System-on-Chip
- ARM® Cortex®-M4F processor optimized for ultra-low power operation
- Combining Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth Mesh, Thread, IEEE 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4GHz proprietary
- On-chip USB 2.0 (Full speed) controller
- ARM TrustZone® Cryptocell 310 security subsystem
- 1 MB FLASH and 256 kB RAM
- 1 user-programmable button
- 1 user-programmable RGB LED
- Integrated 2.4 GHz chip antenna
- Convenient USB dongle form factor
- Product Dimensions: 2.0" x 0.83" x 0.3" (50.8mm x 21.1mm x 7.6mm)
- Product Weight: 6.0g (0.21oz)