NeoPixel Ring - 24 x WS2812 5050 RGB LED with Integrated Drivers (ID: 1586)
Round and round and round they go! 24 ultra bright smart LED NeoPixels are arranged in a circle with 2.6" (66mm) outer diameter. The rings are 'chainable' - connect the output pin of one to the input pin of another. Use only one microcontroller pin to control as many as you can chain together! Each LED is addressable as the driver chip is inside the LED. Each one has ~18mA constant current drive so the colour will be very consistent even if the voltage varies, and no external choke resistors are required making the design slim. Power the whole thing with 5VDC and you're ready to rock.
There is a single data line with a very timing-specific protocol. Since the protocol is very sensitive to timing, it requires a real-time microconroller such as an AVR, Arduino, PIC, mbed, etc. It cannot be used with a Linux-based microcomputer or interpreted microcontroller such as the netduino or Basic Stamp. As it requires hand-tuned assembly it is only for AVR cores but others may have ported this chip driver code so please google around. An 8MHz or faster processor is required.
Comes as a single ring with 24 individually addressable RGB LEDs assembled and tested.
- Dimensions: 66mm / 2.6" outer diameter. 52.5mm / 2.05" inner diameter. 3.5mm / 0.125" thick.
- Weight: 6.23g
- We currently ship this product with the WS2812B 4-pin chip LED installed. Previous versions may have come with the WS2812S 6-pin LED. Both B and S LEDs can be chained together and are compatible with the NeoPixel Libary. The 'B chip type adds additional polarity protection and is the same brightness as the 'S type.
- 3D Printed Camera LED Ring
- NeoPixel Ring Clock
- DIY FLIR Light Painting - Heat Map Photography
- Pololu LED strip Arduino Library (WS2812B)
- Pololu LED strip mbed Library (WS2812B)
- OctoWS2811 LED Library - For the Teensy, control up to 8 strips simultaneously with direct memory access (DMA)
- Adafruit Neopixel Library
- Using NeoPixels with Netduino Plus 2
- Adafruit NeoPixel Ãœberguide
- WS2812B Datasheet and timing protocol
- Why Neopixels are *NOT* as difficult to drive as everyone claims they are!
- ROHS certificate