NeoPixel Ring - 16 x WS2812 5050 RGB LED with Integrated Drivers (ID: 1463)
This Neopixel Ring features 16 ultra bright smart LED NeoPixels are arranged in a circle with 1.75" (44.5mm) outer diameter. The rings are 'chainable' - connect the output pin of one to the input pin of another. Use only one microcontroller pin to control as many as you can chain together! Each LED is addressable as the driver chip is inside the LED. Each one has ~18mA constant current drive so the color will be very consistent even if the voltage varies, and no external choke resistors are required making the design slim. Power the whole thing with 5VDC (4-7V works) and you're ready to rock.
There is a single data line with a very timing-specific protocol. Since the protocol is very sensitive to timing, it requires a real-time microconroller such as an AVR, Arduino, PIC, mbed, etc. It cannot be used with a Linux-based microcomputer or interpreted microcontroller such as the netduino or Basic Stamp. As it requires hand-tuned assembly it is only for AVR cores but others may have ported this chip driver code so please google around. An 8MHz or faster processor is required.
Comes as a single ring with 16 individually addressable RGB LEDs assembled and tested.
- Dimensions: 44.5mm / 1.75" outer diameter. 31.75mm / 1.25" inner diameter. 25mm / 0.1" thick.
- Weight: 3.03g
- Using NeoPixels with Netduino Plus 2
- Adafruit NeoPixel Ãœberguide
- 3D Printed LED Goggles
- Trinket Sound-Reactive LED Color Organ
- Inspired by Iron Man's Arc Reactor!
- GEMMA Hoop Earrings
- Pololu LED strip Arduino Library (WS2812B)
- Pololu LED strip mbed Library (WS2812B)
- Why Neopixels are *NOT* as difficult to drive as everyone claims they are!