LPC4088 Quickstart Board
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
Embedded Artists' LPC4088 QuickStart Board is an easy to use ARM Cortex-M4 rapid prototyping board in a standard through hole DIP package (44-pin), targeted at high-performance as well as low-power applications. Communication interfaces, large on-board memories and LCD controller enables graphical user interface applications.
The LPC4088 QuickStart Board is not just a piece of hardware - it's much, much more:
- The module hardware, which is a professional quality hardware developed for integration and simplicity-of-use.
- The mbed Software Development Kit (SDK), which is an open source C/C++ microcontroller software platform designed for a suitable level of hardware abstraction to simplify microcontroller programming.
- The mbed Compiler is a powerful online IDE that is tightly integrated with the mbed SDK and Developer's Website (mbed.org).
- The mbed Hardware Development Kit (HDK), which is an interface design that provides simple USB drag-n-drop programming and CMSIS-DAP debug interface for the LPC4088 microcontroller.
- The mbed.org community, with extensive documentation in the form of handbooks, cookbooks, project pages, User Forums for getting help and advice from other mbed users, etc.
- Processor - NXP's Cortex-M4 LPC4088 microcontroller in BGA package, running at up to 120 MHz
- Program Flash - 8 MB QSPI + 512 KB on-chip
- Data Memory - 32 MB SDRAM (x32 bit databus for high bandwidth access) + 96 KB on-chip SRAM + 4 KB on-chip E2PROM
- Clock Crystals - 12.000 MHz main and 32.768 kHz RTC crystals
- Interfaces / Connectors
- 2x22 pin edge pins
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet (RJ45)
- USB-A (USB Host interface)
- USB-micro B (USB Device interface)
- USB-micro B (mbed HDG debug interface)
- 20 position SDW/Trace connector (ARM standard debug connector)
- 61 pos 0.3 mm pitch FPC connector for display expansion
- 20 pos XBee compatible connector for RF module add-on
- Dimensions - 101 x 28 mm (104 x 28 mm with connectors)
- 4.5 - 5.5V input on pin 2, or
- via micro-B USB HDK connector, or
- via trace connector (+5V)
- Proper ESD protection on communication interfaces
- CMSIS-DAP Interface On-board (debug interface functions)
- Supported by the mbed SDK and online tools
- Supported by professional tools and software
- Industrial temperature specified (-40 to +85 degrees Celsius)
- ISO 9001:2008 produced
- Production and shipping compensated for carbon dioxide emission
- mbed notebook for the LPC4088 QuickStart Board
- Explore mbed - a four segment presentation of the mbed platform: Explore - Getting Started - Prototype - Production
- mbed Developers website - an introduction to the mbed Developers website.
- Handbook - gives an overview of the platform with all features.
- Cookbook - a wiki for publishing user-contributed libraries and resources.