Whether you need an interface to an external chip, a logic analyzer, a debugger, or just a whole lot of pins to bit-bang, the versatile GreatFET One is the tool for you. Hi-Speed USB and a Python API allow GreatFET One to become your custom USB interface to the physical world.
GreatFET is designed to provide a significant step up in capabilities from GoodFET while making the design manufacturable at a lower cost than GoodFET. In addition to being designed for automated assembly, it can be hand-assembled with a soldering iron, though it is a more complicated assembly than GoodFET. An important similarity to GoodFET is that GreatFET has a USB bootloader in ROM, so it is possible to build a board by hand and install firmware onto it without the need of any external programming hardware.
- Programmable digital I/O
- Serial protocols including SPI, I2C, UART, and JTAG
- Logic analysis
- Analogue I/O (ADC/DAC)
- Data acquisition
- Versatile USB functions including Facedancer
- High-throughput hardware-assisted streaming serial engine
- Four fabulous LEDs!
- LPC4330 microcontroller (U1)
- Hi-Speed USB port (USB0) for connection to a host computer
- Expansion interface (J1 and J2) of 80 pins (2 female headers with 2 rows of 20 pins)
- Bonus row of 20 male pins (J7)
- 4 indicator LEDs
- 2 buttons, primarily for development (DFU and RESET, just like HackRF One)
- Full Speed USB port (USB1) for connection to a target (for Facedancer)
- Power switching for use of USB1 as either host or device
- Real Time Clock with crystal
- 3.3 V regulator that can supply some power to neighbours
- 2 MB flash memory
- Unpopulated Cortex Debug Header (J5) for JTAG or SWD