Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 (ID: 2821)
This is the Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 - an 'all-in-one' WiFi development board with built in USB and battery charging. Its an ESP8266 WiFi module with all the extras you need, ready to rock!
At the Feather HUZZAH's heart is an WiFi microcontroller clocked at 80 MHz and at 3.3V logic. This microcontroller contains a Tensilica chip core as well as a full WiFi stack. You can program the microcontroller using the Arduino IDE for an easy-to-run Internet of Things core. We wired up a high-quality SiLabs CP2104 USB-Serial chip that can upload code at a blistering 921600 baud for fast development time. It also has auto-reset so no noodling with pins and reset button pressings. The CP2104 has better driver support than the CH340 and can do very high speeds without stability issues.
To make it easy to use for portable projects, we added a connector for any of our 3.7V Lithium polymer batteries and built in battery charging. You don't need a battery, it will run just fine straight from the micro USB connector. But, if you do have a battery, you can take it on the go, then plug in the USB to recharge. The Feather will automatically switch over to USB power when its available.
Lipoly battery and USB cable not included.
- Measures 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.28" (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
- Light as a (large?) feather - 9.7 grams
- ESP-F V1.1 @ 80MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 4MB of FLASH (32 MBit)
- Built in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- CP2104 USB-Serial converter onboard with 921600 max baudrate for speedy uploading
- Auto-reset support for getting into bootload mode before firmware upload
- 9 x GPIO pins - can also be used as I2C and SPI
- 1 x analog inputs 1.0V max
- Built in 100mA LiPoly charger with charging status indicator LED, can also cut a trace to disable the charger
- Pin #0 red LED for general purpose blinking. Pin #2 blue LED for bootloading debug & general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button