Arduino MKR ZERO (I2S BUS & SD For Sound, Music & Digital Audio Data)
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
MKR ZERO has an onboard SD connector with dedicated SPI interfaces (SPI1) that allows you to play with MUSIC files with no extra hardware!
The MKR ZERO brings you the power of a Zero in the smaller format established by the MKR form factor. The MKR ZERO board acts as a great educational tool for learning about 32-bit application development. It has an on-board SD connector with dedicated SPI interfaces (SPI1) that allows you to play with MUSIC files with no extra hardware! The board is powered by Atmel’s SAMD21 MCU, which features a 32-bit ARM Cortex® M0+ core.
Warning: Unlike most Arduino & Genuino boards, the MKRZero runs at 3.3V. The maximum voltage that the I/O pins can tolerate is 3.3V. Applying voltages higher than 3.3V to any I/O pin could damage the board.
The board contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a micro-USB cable or power it by a LiPo battery. The battery voltage can also be monitored since a connection between the battery and the analogue converter of the board exists.
- Microcontroller: SAMD21 Cortex-M0+ 32bit low power ARM MCU
- Board Power Supply (USB/VIN): 5V
- Supported Battery(*): Li-Po single cell, 3.7V, 700mAh minimum
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 600mA
- DC Current for 5V Pin: 600mA
- Circuit Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Digital I/O Pins: 22
- PWM Pins: 12 (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, A3 - or 18 -, A4 -or 19)
- UART: 1
- SPI: 1
- I2C: 1
- Analog Input Pins: 7 (ADC 8/10/12 bit)
- Analog Output Pins: 1 (DAC 10 bit)
- External Interrupts: 8 (0, 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, A1 -or 16-, A2 - or 17)
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 7mA
- Flash Memory: 256 KB
- Flash Memory for Bootloader: 8 KB
- SRAM: 32 KB
- EEPROM: No
- Clock Speed: 32.768 kHz (RTC), 48 MHz
- LED_BUILTIN: 32