Adventures in Raspberry Pi, 3nd Edition
Start programming quickly with this super-fun guide to Raspberry Pi.
Adventures in Raspberry Pi, 2nd Edition includes 9 cool projects that show you how to set up and start developing on your Raspberry Pi. Updated for the release of the Rev 3 board, this second edition covers all the latest features and tells you everything you need to know. Written specifically for 11-15 year-olds, this book uses the wildly successful, Raspberry Pi to explain the fundamentals of computing. You'll have a blast learning basic programming and system administration skills, beginning with the very basics of how to plug in the board and turn it on. Each project includes an instructional video so you can jump right in and start going through the lessons on your own.
This hands-on book gets you up and running fast, with fun projects that let you explore:
- Learn how to "talk to" your Raspberry Pi
- Create games and stories with Scratch
- Program with Turtle Graphics and Python
- Code music and create a Raspberry Pi jukebox
If you want to get started programming today, Adventures in Raspberry Pi is the ultimate hands-on guide.
Carrie Anne Philbin is a Google Certified and Raspberry Pi Certified Computing Teacher. She is also the founder and presenter of the award winning Gurl Geek Diaries (www.geekgurldiaries.co.uk). Currently, Carrie Anne is working with the Raspberry Pi Foundation to improve the teaching of Computing in schools.
- Adventure 1 You Have a Raspberry Pi Now What?
- Adventure 2 Taking Command of Your Raspberry Pi
- Adventure 3 Creating Stories and Games with Scratch
- Adventure 4 Programming Shapes with Turtle Graphics
- Adventure 5 Programming with Python
- Adventure 6 Programming Minecraft Worlds on the Raspberry Pi
- Adventure 7 Coding Music with Sonic Pi
- Adventure 8 Using the GPIO Pins on the Raspberry Pi
- Adventure 9 The Big Adventure: Building a Raspberry Pi Jukebox