Adafruit Motor Shield Kit for Arduino v2.3 (ID: 1438)
The Adafruit motor shield kit for Arduino gives you the ability to drive up to 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors and can be stacked to add more motors, leaving the pins on the Arduino free for more inputs and outputs for sensors.
The TB6612 MOSFET drivers have been used in place of the previously used L293D darlington driver, with 1.2A per channel current capability (you can draw up to 3A peak for approx 20ms at a time). It also has much lower voltage drops across the motor so you get more torque out of your batteries, and there are built-in flyback diodes as well.
There is a fully-dedicated PWM driver chip onboard. This chip handles all the motor and speed controls over I2C. Only two pins (SDA & SCL) are required to drive the multiple motors, and since it's I2C you can also connect any other I2C devices or shields to the same pins. This also makes it drop-in compatible with any Arduino, such as the Uno, Due, Leonardo and Mega R3.
Completely stackable design: 5 address-select pins means up to 32 stackable shields. Totalling 64 steppers or 128 DC motors!
Comes with an assembled & tested shield, terminal block, plain header, jumper. Some soldering is required. Stacking headers, Arduino and motors not included.
- 2 connections for 5V 'hobby' servos connected to the Arduino's high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter
- 4 H-Bridges: TB6612 chipset provides 1.2A per bridge (3A for brief 20ms peaks) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes. Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 13.5VDC
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil, interleaved or micro-stepping
- Motors automatically disabled on power-up
- Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (18-26AWG) and power
- Arduino reset button brought up top
- Polarity protected 2-pin terminal block and jumper to connect external power, for separate logic/motor supplies
- Tested compatible with Arduino UNO, Leonardo, ADK/Mega R3, Due, Diecimila & Duemilanove. Works with Mega/ADK R2 and earlier with 2 wire jumpers
- Dimensions: 70mm x 55mm x 10mm 2.7"x2.1"x0.4"
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit addresses between 0x60-0x80, selectable with jumpers