2.7 inch E-paper Display - Revision D
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
E-paper - the ultimate low power display solution! Add a 2.7" graphic display to your project that doesn't need any power to stay on, with this fully bi-stable E-paper display you only need to supply power when updating the display.
The display has an SPI interface and some extra control signals. The display module connects to a standard 14-pos expansion connector.
Revision D now includes a 26 pin Raspberry Pi connector, LM75 I2C temperature sensor and a 32Mbit SPI-NOR Flash chip!
- Based on display EM027BS13
- a-Si, active matrix TFT, Electronic Paper Display (EPD) panel
- No of pixels: 264x176
- High resolution - 117 dpi (0.217 x 0.217mm pixels)
- Ultra low power consumption - due to its bi-stable nature, the EPD panel requires very little power to update the display and needs no power to maintain an image
- Very wide viewing angle - near 180
- RePaper GitHub - Libraries and Examples
- E-paper Display Module - Rev C (improved version with possibility for separate SSEL signals for SPI FLASH and display)
- Technical details about how to interface the display can be found on the RePaper site
- Datasheet of the EM027B13
- COG Driver Interface Timing
- Embedded Artists' general RoHS 2 declaration
- 14 pos Serial Expansion Connector Specification
Revision D Development board user guides and demo code:
- Raspberry Pi:
- Instructions: GitHub repository (Tested with Arduino Leonardo and Uno)
Revision C Development board user guides and demo code:
- Raspberry Pi:
- Arduino: (Note - Does not currently work with Rev D)